Comodo Antivirus Free Review
Comodo Antivirus Free is a freeware antivirus software from a well-known security vendor Comodo. It has received some good reputation and the best part with it is that unlike other free antivirus software, it allows you to protect from all sorts of malware viruses, malware, Trojans, worms, hackers, and other Internet threats. The latest version has been improved with the addition of cloud based virus-scanning and behavior analysis of unrecognized files – making Comodo Antivirus unbeatable at detecting zero-day attacks.
Traditional Antivirus was built on a Default Allow Technology; a technology which allows both known and unknown files to execute on your computer. Comodo has implemented an new Default Deny Technology™. And Comodo claims that this technology by default challenges any unknown applications from executing on your computer. How? By first launching unknown applications in a secure virtual environment where damage cannot be caused to your computer.
And to limit the user interaction to a minimum level, Comodo has created a technological “Sandbox” that does not leave the decision in the hands of the user; instead it automatically runs an unknown application in an isolated environment without having the ability to cause any damage to your computer.
Comodo Antivirus also includes a mechanism for you to submit any files you think are suspicious to Comodo for analysis.
Comodo Antivirus Free Features
Here are some key features of Comodo Free Antivirus:
- Default Deny Protection: Makes sure that only known PC-safe applications execute.
- Prevention-based security: Stops viruses and malware before they access your computer…so it isn’t too late to stop them.
- Auto Sandbox Technology: The sandbox is a virtual operating environment for untrusted programs – ensuring viruses and other malicious software are completely isolated from the rest of your computer.
- Full strength, top notch virus detection and elimination: Our download offers free Antivirus protection that exceeds the protection offered by expensive security suites.
- Quarantine system to isolate suspicious files: Possible viruses are kept executing to ensure that nothing “sneaky” gets through.
- Personalized protection: Set virus scans to run on a schedule, when it’s convenient for you.
- Spyware Scanning: Spyware Scanner detects and cleans malware infections in PC registry and disks.
- Cloud based Antivirus: Cloud based antivirus scanning detects malicious file even if a user does not have up-to-date virus definitions.
- Cloud based Behavior Analysis: Cloud based behavior analysis system detects zero-day malware INSTANTLY.
- Cloud based Whitelisting: Cloud based whitelisting of trusted publisher easily identifies a safe file and vendor.
- Game Mode: Suppresses operations that could interfere with a user’s gaming experience such as alerts, virus database updates or scheduled scans.
- Application Control: Provides users with the ability to lockdown their PC so only known good applications can run.
- One-click scanning: Make sure your PC is clean with one simple button click.
- Easy and user-friendly interface: Simply install and forget, while Antivirus continues to protect.
- Real-time access to updated virus definitions: Get the most current protection possible against new viral strains.
- Unique “slider” to easily change your current security level: Change the behavior of Antivirus to reflect your security preferences at any given time.
Here is a youtube video review of Comodo Antivirus Free.
You can follow us on Google+.
Free Realtime Antivirus Reviews Series
Others Posts in the Series Include...
- Zillya Free Antivirus Review - Realtime Malware Protection, Simple Interface
- PC Tools Free Antivirus Review - Good Overall Protection from Malware Threats
- Rising Free Antivirus Review - Moderate Malware Protection, Good Interface
- Panda Cloud Antivirus Review - Free Cloud Based Malware Protection
- Comodo Antivirus Free Review - Decent Malware Protection from Online Threats
- Avira Antivirus Personal Free Review - Clean Interface, Moderately Effective
- AVG Free Antivirus Review - Top Performance With Auto Update
- Microsoft Security Essentials Review - Best Performance Antivirus With Minimal Interface
- Avast Free Antivirus 6 Review - Best Realtime Malware Protection for Windows PC
- KingSoft Cloud Based Antivirus Review- Free Anti Virus Malware Security