Comodo Dragon is a web browser, built by the renowned security vendor Comodo around the open Source Chromium technology. Comodo is greatly known the world over for one of the most popular Firewall Technolgies and well-regarded in the security field.
With Comodo Dragon, they have tried to combine their expertise in the field of Internet and PC Security with the hot field of web browser.
It claims to be a safer browser than all the modern day browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc.
The Dragon encompasses all of the best features of Chrome. It includes an important feature every user needs to use the Internet in total safety today. – Strong security and privacy.
Features of Comodo Dragon
Comodo Dragon claims to
- Has privacy enhancements that surpass those in Chromium’s technology
- Has Domain Validation technology that identifies and segregates superior SSL certificates from inferior ones
- Stops cookies and other Web spies
- Prevents all Browser download tracking to ensure your privacy
The website down’t detail much about exactly what features are added which support their claim of added security to Comodo Dragon. But Katharine Hadow, in her review of Comodo Dragon, gives a few security features, which adds to the security of a user using Comodo Dragon.
- If Comodo Dragon encounters a Domain-only certificate, it warns the user that the website may not be reliable. Domain-only certificates are available to any webmaster at low cost and with no verification, providing no guarantee of authentication.
- Comodo Dragon does not transmit information about a browsing session to a remote server. Such a transmission exposes information about where the user has been on the Internet.
- Comodo Dragon eliminates a potential threat: that attackers could find vulnerabilities by looking for the software errors that the browser was compiling to report to a remote server. Comodo Dragon neither tracks nor reports errors
- Comodo Dragon protects Internet users from inadvertently exposing information about themselves, enhancing online security.
They are useful features.
But, Why I Will Avoid Using Comodo Dragon
Despite these useful features and security enhancements, I would still believe that security update is a very important factor behind the security of a web browser. With a vast pool of resources and information available, browsers like Google Chrome and Firefox, are in a much better position to detect and counter a potential vulnerability as soon as it is exposed. Howsoever efficient Comodo is, they cannot match the huge resources and efforts, Google can put in to immediately detect and plug-in a security hole in its browser through security update.
That is the reason precisely, I had given a miss to ChromePlus in my ChromePlus Review, which also had shown inclusion of great features to Chrome.
What do you Think. Let us know in the comments.
You can follow us on Google+.