Computer Security is an issue, which is gaining more and more importance by each passing day. Newer and better security tools and being developed to counter the growing threats for your privacy and PC Security.
Microsoft, the renowned software vendor, is known to work primarily for the commercial software and applications. However, there are a few free tools developed by Microsoft, which are equally good. Here are four free computer security tools developed by Microsoft, which can provide a comprehensive security to your computer from most online and offline security threats.
4 Free Computer Security Tools from Microsoft
1. Microsoft Security Essentials: Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for your home PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. Microsoft Security Essentials runs quietly and efficiently in the background so that you are free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want—without interruptions or long computer wait times.
2. Windows Live Safety Scanner: Windows Live OneCare safety scanner is a free service designed to help ensure the health of your PC. It allows you to…
- Check for and remove viruses
- Get rid of junk on your hard disk
- Improve your PC’s performance
3. Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool: The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool checks computers running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003 for infections by specific, prevalent malicious software—including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom—and helps remove any infection found. When the detection and removal process is complete, the tool displays a report describing the outcome, including which, if any, malicious software was detected and removed.
4. Windows Defender: Windows Defender is a software that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software by detecting and removing known spyware from your computer. Windows Defender features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it’s detected, minimizes interruptions, and helps you stay productive.
Microsoft Update: Get updates for your operating system and all of your Microsoft software, including Microsoft Office.
Here is a comparison of the features and capabilities of these different security tools for your computer.
Make use of these free security tools, in case you have not yet bought the comprehensive security suites from a reputed vendor.
You can follow us on Google+.