Control Internet Traffic Bandwidth Used by Different Programs with NetBalancer
And this sometimes land you in a situation, when you want to limit the bandwidth used by a background activity, when you are doing something else. For instance, you may be downloading a video file in the background, which may take a few minutes to download, and at the same time you may be surfing the web. The heavy data download used by the video, might cripple your Internet surfing and you may want to control the Internet traffic bandwidth used by the Video Download application.
NetBalancer – Control Internet Traffic Used by Different Applications
In such a situation, you may want to use a software like NetBalancer. It allows you to control and limit the bandwidth used by different applications on your computer. his helps you to continue browsing the web and do other Internet activities at the same time, when some other bandwith intensive activity is running in the background.
NetBalancer allows you to …
- Set download and upload speed limits for a process
- Show all system processes with their in and out network traffic speed
- Show current connection for any process
- Show downloaded and uploaded traffic for any process since NetBlancer’s start
- View overall system traffic as a graph
- Show last 15 seconds traffic in system tray
- Fine tune priorities (see Level Severity setting).
NetBalancer is currently a freeware applications but the free version is limited to 5 process priorities/limits at a time.