Copy Handler – How to Copy Files like a Pro
In this series of posts, we are looking at some of the best file copy tools to use in place of the default Windows Copy command.
Windows copy command is useful only in cases when you have to copy a few files or directories. In cases of bulk copy, or in cases you want to have more control like pause and resume copying process, Windows File copy command is most unsuitable.
Copy Like a Pro with Copy Handler
Copy Handler is a file copy software, which allows you to have great control over this process. Not only you can pause or resume the file copy process at your will, but it also allows you to copy multiple files simultaneously by inserting tasks into queue, then process them by order.
Copy Handler offers many advanced options such as task queuing, filtering files according to specific criteria, pausing and resuming copying files operations, changing the copying parameters on the fly and in many cases also offers a significant acceleration of the entire copying files process.
Important Features of Copy Handler
There is big list of features of Copy Handler and how it places you in the driving seat.
- It allow full-control over the copying or moving process by pause, resume, restart and cancel features;
- It allows you to copy files faster than standard MS Windows copying.
- The file copy process is specially fast when you copy data from one partition to another on the same physical hard disk;
- Over 60 detailed options – from setting language (multiple languages) through auto-resume on error, shutting down system after copying finished to very detailed and technical (customizing copy/move thread – buffer sizes, thread priority, …) ending on sounds on specific events, make it a highly customizable file copy utility;
- Copy Handler provides multiple languages support;
- It also provides detailed information about copy/move process (current file, buffer sizes, priority, progress by size and visual bar, status, current and average speed, time elapsed/left, …);
- It can automatically resume all unfinished operations when system starts;
- Tasks are set into a queue and are processed in order it was inserted into queue, thus making the entire process fast;
- And last, but not the least, this program is open source. You get the source code absolutely Free. Use it or modify it.