If you have bought a new computer or a laptop, then the first thing, which you want to do is to get a display of the system information available on your Windows PC.
This information is available in the Control Panel, but you have to search it there and there is no one single place, where you can find the entire system information related to the Hardware, Software installed, Network elements added, Real Time Monitors and things like that.
Not only for a new computer, many times you need to know the Windows System Information during the use of your computer also.
SIW – System Information for Windows – A Perfect Tool
SIW is a freeware tool to display system information in a neat categorized manner. It is a portable utility, which means that you are not required to install it on your new system. Just download this freeware utility on your hard disk or on a portable drive like USB, and run it. This will gather a huge pile of system information from your computer and display it to you.
Following is a list of information pieces, it can gather from your computer in a flash.
- Software Inventory: Operating System, Installed Software and Hotfixes, Processes, Services, Users, Open Files, System Uptime, Installed Codecs, Software Licenses (Product Keys / Serial Numbers / CD Key), Secrets (Password Recovery).
- Hardware Inventory: Motherboard, Sensors, BIOS, CPU, chipset, PCI/AGP, USB and ISA/PnP Devices, Memory, Video Card, Monitor, Disk Drives, CD/DVD Devices, SCSI Devices, S.M.A.R.T., Ports, Printers.
- Network Information: Network Cards, Network Shares, currently active Network Connections, Open Ports.
- Network Tools: MAC Address Changer, Neighborhood Scan, Ping, Trace, Statistics
- Miscellaneous Tools: Eureka! (Reveal lost passwords hidden behind asterisks), Monitor Test, Shutdown / Restart.
- Real-time monitors: CPU, Memory, Page File usage and Network Traffic.
A great tool for regular users.
Here is a nice YouTube video depicting how to download and use SIW, the complete System Information Display tool.
You can follow us on Google+.