There are many instances, when you want to browse Internet privately. You do not want others to know, what you have seen, which websites you have visited.
No, I am not saying that it always happen when you see those porn sites, I mean your Internet research, but it can happen many times, specially when your computer is accesible to your colleagues or other family members.
There are many ways, which allow private browsing, the most easy being that you simply delete your private data stored in the browser. In one go, you can clear your stored cookies as well as browser history. But what if you just want to delete the trace of a single website.
Firefox lets you browse privately with a simple Addon. There are very few features with this addon, but all are really useful for particular needs. With this, you can activate or not the cookie removal, and you can extend it to all subdomains of the current page’s domain. For example, if the page currently loaded in the tab is , you can remove cookies for www.foo.com and for .foo.com, but also for media.foo.com, ad.foo.com, tracker.foo.com and so on !
You can also remove the visited site from the browser’s history. A useful tool for your PC Security.
You can follow us on Google+.
Firefox Security Addons Series
Others Posts in the Series Include...
- How To Ensure Privacy While Using Search Engines
- Safe Browsing-Change Proxy Settings to Access Blocked Websites
- Scan Links and Online Files with Dr.Web Antivirus Link Checker
- Firefox Private Browsing - Close 'n' Forget
- Anonymous Internet Browsing with Private Browsing Firefox Addon
- Ghostery - Know Who is Tracking You [Firefox Privacy]
- Safe Internet Browsing with WOT
- TrashMail.net | Free Disposable Email Address [Firefox Security Addon]
- HistoryBlock | Delete Selected Websites from Browser History [Firefox Security Addon]
- KeyScrambler - Free Anti Keylogger Software [Firefox Security Addon]
- Prevent Malware and Phishing with Long URL Please [Firefox Security Addon]
- Phishing Detection and Prevention with FormFox [Firefox Security Addon]