Free File Search Software For Text String Search
If you have ever found it difficult to search a file in your computer when you search with some text string, then there are a few free file search software available, which can make your life easier. This is specially important if you have stopped the indexing function of Windows to improve its performance and speed.
Fileseek is one such freeware software, which allows you to search computer files fast and super efficiently. FileSeek is lightning fast, small and super easy to use. It can even be integrated right into the Windows Explorer right-click menu to provide quick and easy access. FileSeek doesn’t use background indexing, so when FileSeek is closed your computer’s performance won’t be affected.
Features of FileSeek
- Search for text string matches inside any kind of file
- Match Regular Expressions inside any kind of file
- Search a folder and all of it’s sub-folders
- Match 1 or more file patterns, like *.jpg, file?.txt or anything else you can imagine
- Exclude 1 or more file patterns from your search, like *.exe or *.dll
- Filter results by the last modified date
- Never indexes files in the background