Importance of Network Security Checks
Network Security from various online and online risks, threats and attacks is a large concern for today’s small and medium enterprises. Protecting sensitive data and providing a stable computing environment is a need for ensuring extension of their market reach and communication with their customers and partners quickly and cost-effectively.
The IT administrators of organizations have to constantly check for any network security threats for vulnerabilities against attacks. They have to look out for any possible open ports, accidentally or by design, they have to manage the passwords and privileges, they have to look for hidden folders and shared folders, which may provide unauthorized access to data and software and lots of other things.
And they require specialized software to do all these types of Network Security Checks.
SoftPerfect Network Scanner – A Free Network Security Check Software for Risks, Threats and Attacks
SoftPerfect Network Scanner is a free multi-threaded IP, NetBIOS and SNMP scanner with a modern interface and several advanced features. It is intended for both system administrators and general users interested in computer security. The program pings computers, scans for listening TCP ports and displays which types of resources are shared on the network (including system and hidden).
In addition, it allows you to mount shared folders as network drives, browse them using Windows Explorer, filter the results list and more. SoftPerfect Network Scanner can also check for a user-defined port and report back if one is open. It can also resolve host names and auto-detect your local and external IP range. It supports remote shutdown and Wake-On-LAN.
Key features of SoftPerfect Network Scanner
- Pings computers.
- Does not require administrative privileges.
- Detects hardware (MAC) addresses even across routers.
- Detects hidden shared folders (normally invisible on the network) and write accessible shares.
- Detects your internal and external IP addresses.
- Scans for listening TCP ports and SNMP services.
- Retrieves currently logged-on users.
- You can mount and explore network resources.
- Can launch external third party applications.
- Exports results to HTML, XML, CSV and TXT
- Supports Wake-On-LAN, remote shutdown and sending network messages.
- Retrieves potentially any information via WMI.
- Retrieves information from remote registry.
- It is absolutely free, requires no installation, and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware
Here is a quick YouTube video on Softperfect Network Scanner. No Sound.
You can follow us on Google+.