The Growing Need of Mac Antivirus
There used to be a time when Mac computers were considered almost ‘virus-proof’. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. The quantity of Mac viruses is growing at an alarming rate and solid protection against these threats is essential if you wish to prevent identity theft, file corruption or interception of your credit card details.
In this series of posts, we are reviewing some of the best free antivirus for Mac OS-x. For link to the other posts in this series, please go to the end of this post.
PC Tools iAntivirus for Mac
PC Tools iAntivirus features realtime protection, scheduled quick scans, and scheduled updates. Monitoring mode keeps iAntivirus working truly in the background. It is to be noted that iAntivirus works only against Mac specific malware threats. This features allows it to be effective and fast against the MAc specific threat, but some users may find it difficult to digest because it lets you remained exposed to the Windows specific threats.
There is an option which allows you to disable the dock icon, in case you want simplicity in life. But some people may find it useful, because it allows you to simple drag and drop files to quickly scan them for any malware infection.
PC Tools iAntivirus is supports Intel-based Mac OS X v10.5 and higher, and is free for home (and home office) use. Corporate users can purchase a license for approximately $30 which includes free 24/7 tech support.
Features of iAntivirus – Antivirus for Mac from PC Tools
- A variety of scan options: You may perform a variety of scan types using iAntiVirus™.
- Real-time protection: IntelliGuard protects your Mac against infections in real time. Whenever an infection is detected and blocked, an alert is displayed below the system menu bar. Some people, however, may find this feature annoying.
- Quarantine: iAntiVirus™ quarantines all detected infections, allowing you to easily view and restore items in the case of a false positive. Just like any other Antivirus – nothing special about it.
- Automatic Smart Updates: Frequent updates to detect and guard computers against new threats and viruses as well as provide enhancements to iAntiVirus™ are automatically installed and downloaded through the Smart Update function.
- Low resource usage: When in monitoring mode iAntiVirus™ has been designed to work silently in the background, threats are blocked and removed without any system impact.
Video Review of iAntivirus for Mac
Here is a video review of iAntivirus for Mac
You can follow us on Google+.
Best Free Antivirus for Mac OS-x Series
Others Posts in the Series Include...
- Review of Sophos Mac Antivirus for OS-X
- iAntivirus Review - Best Free Mac Antivirus from PC Tools for OS-x
- Review of Comodo Antivirus for OS-X- Best Free Antivirus for Mac