Portable Antivirus for USB Security
With the advancements in technology, the storage space in USB Flash Drives and Pen Drives is getting larger and larger, and it has tremendously increased their usability. Coupled with their miniature size, convenience of use and availability of lots of useful Portable Applications, they have become a convenient way to carry your data alongwith yourself, without ever bothering to carry your entire laptop.
But, this poses a great threat to the security of your data. You may be using different computers to insert your USB drives and may not not be able to control what security software and measures that computer is using.
In such a case, it is extremely important that you yourself provide adequate security to your own USB drive. And this requirement is happily fulfilled by Portable Antiviruses.
How Portable Antivirus Software Protect Your Portable Drives
Most of the Portable Antivirus Programs are the stripped version of their comprehensive security suite applications. They are generally available free for download and use and are lightweight applications to fir easily in the memory space provided by your portable drives.
Another advantage of using a Portable Antivirus is that they stand less chances of getting modified and corrupted by newer viruses, which are not detected by the security software permanently installed in your computer. This specially happens if you are not quick to download and install the latest virus definitions for your security software.
Mx One – A Useful Portable Security Software
Mx One is one such Free Portable Antivirus, designed to protect the removable storage devices like USB sticks (also known as pendrives), iPod ™, mp3, mp4, memoirs M2, SD, microSD, and many more devices in an efficient and completely free.
Features of Mx One Antivirus for USB Drives
- Protection against: Virus, Trojans, Worms, Spyware (Spyware), Hacking Tools (Hacktools), Software Risk (Riskware).
- Compatible with any antivirus resident like for example: Nod32 ™., Kaspersky ™. BitDefender ™. AVG ™., Norton ™., Panda ™. AVG ™, ™ Avast, Avira Antivir ™, among others.
- Protection in realtime with System “CHECK AND DESTROY” detects and removes all viruses that attempt to infect your device while connected to an infected PC, even unknown viruses.
- Realtime System Protection “Guardian” protects your PC from viruses that come in infected and USB devices to connect to your computer infected no matter what if the device has Mx One Antivirus installed or not, also detects even unknown viruses.
- Protection against unknown viruses and new variants with “Heuristic ONE” AND “GENERIC ONE”
- You only need very small 1Mb of space available on either the PC or on removable media.
- Software Update of Virus definitions and signature can be done both offline as well as online.
- Virus database and program updates can be performed on or off line.
- Completely free.
A useful tool for your PC Security.
You can follow us on Google+.
Portable Antivirus Reviews Series
Others Posts in the Series Include...
- CaSIR - Free Portable Malware Remover and Antivirus
- Portable PC Cleanup, Antivirus Tools - EmsiSoft Emergency Kit Review
- Stinger Portable Antivirus - Virus Scanner from McAfee
- Portable Antivirus - Ultimate List of Best USB Anti Virus
- Norman Malware Cleaner - Useful Portable Antivirus
- Sophos Anti RootKit - Portable Security for Malware Removal
- Free Stand Alone Antivirus - Dr. Web CureIt
- Command Line Portable Antivirus Software - VIPRE PC Rescue
- Portable Antivirus - Best Free Anti-Malware in USB Flash Drives
- Prevent USB Flash Drive Malware Infections by Disabling AutoRun
- Portable Antivirus-How to Remove Malware with Trend Micro SysClean
- Clean Virus and Spyware with A-Squared Emergency USB Stick
- Mx One - Free USB Portable Antivirus for Malware Removal
- ClamWin - Portable Virus Remover for USB Flash Drive Security