Even if you are using the latest security suites and antivirus software, chances are always there that malware is able to sneak in and infect your computer.
The first thing, which today’s malware do is to disable your antivirus and security applications and make your security software paralyzed so as to disguise . You will not be allowed to update and use them. THE only option to salvage your data in such a case can be to try to clean your computer through the use anti-malware applications stored on external devices.
That’s where the role of Portable Antivirus Applications becomes critical.
What are Portable Antivirus Applications
They generally are stripped down version of their full-featured cousins. They are usually effective against a specific set of malware. But this specific set contains most prevalent maware usually infecting most of the machines. These portable antivirus software are generally freeware to download, but usually they cannot update to the latest version on their own. You will have to download them regularly, so as to keep their database updated.
Since these Portable Antivirus Programs do not provide you real time security, they are not a substitute for the antivirus applications installed on your system. You should continue to remain protected with the installed version of your security application and use these portable applications, just in case you need them.
Norman Malware Cleaner
Norman Malware Cleaner is one such useful Portable application, which works against some well known malware scripts. You can use this in command line mode, when your Windows GUI has been disabled by the virus present in your system and you can no longer use Windows. It is also suggested that you start your computer in Safe Mode Command Prompt mode for best results with Norman Malware Cleaner.
It is capable of providing you security in several ways like
- kill running processes that are infected
- remove infections from disk (including ActiveX components and browser helper objects)
- reveal and remove rootkits
- restore correct registry values
- remove references created by malware in hosts file
- remove windows firewall rules for malicious programs
You can follow us on Google+.
Portable Antivirus Reviews Series
Others Posts in the Series Include...
- CaSIR - Free Portable Malware Remover and Antivirus
- Portable PC Cleanup, Antivirus Tools - EmsiSoft Emergency Kit Review
- Stinger Portable Antivirus - Virus Scanner from McAfee
- Portable Antivirus - Ultimate List of Best USB Anti Virus
- Norman Malware Cleaner - Useful Portable Antivirus
- Sophos Anti RootKit - Portable Security for Malware Removal
- Free Stand Alone Antivirus - Dr. Web CureIt
- Command Line Portable Antivirus Software - VIPRE PC Rescue
- Portable Antivirus - Best Free Anti-Malware in USB Flash Drives
- Prevent USB Flash Drive Malware Infections by Disabling AutoRun
- Portable Antivirus-How to Remove Malware with Trend Micro SysClean
- Clean Virus and Spyware with A-Squared Emergency USB Stick
- Mx One - Free USB Portable Antivirus for Malware Removal
- ClamWin - Portable Virus Remover for USB Flash Drive Security