Limitations of Internet Security Suites
Today’s Internet Security Suites like Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee, CA etc. provide you a comprehensive real-time antivirus protection for different types of malware attacks. You have to purchase them and install onto your system. The virus definition files get updated, sometimes more than once in a day.
So far so good. But this system has one weakness.
Since their effectiveness is dependent upon the presence of latest update in their database, there are always chances that if your signature files are not updated to the latest version, or a new malware is not their in the database, then if your get infected with it, you may get your data damaged.
Today’s malware are intelligent enough and they try to disable everything, which could affect their presence. They will try to disable the functioning of your anti-malware suites, they will try to disrupt the virus file updation process, they will block your access to the security software vendor websites and so on.
And if any such thing happens, you might not be able to use your installed security software.
Portable Antivirus / Antispyware – Another Approach of Virus Removal
In such a case, you might try to use a fresh Antivirus tool, which is not yet affected. This may be stored in your removable storage media like USB Flash Drive. Download the latest version of your tool from Internet by using another clean computer, make your drive write protect, plug it in your infected computer and try to clean it.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is a useful Portable Antivirus, which can be used in such a case. You can download it and install onto your USB Flash Drive. Make sure to use the latest version, when try to clean an infected computer. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is not capable for real-time protection of your computer.
The best part is that it also allows Safe Mode operations, which means that you can use it directly on the infected computer also in the safe mode.
- Easy interface.
- Can be installed to an infected machine (Safe Mode supported).
- Integral search and removal of malicious software: effective combination of signature detection and heuristic analyzer.
- System Analysis and interactive scripting language.
- Automatic and manual removal of viruses, Trojans and worms.
- Automatic and manual removal of Spyware and Adware modules.
- Automatic and manual removal of all types of rootkits.
The latest version at present is 7.0 and is about 24 MB in download. A useful tool. And did we mention that it is absolutely FREE.
You can follow us on Google+.
Portable Antivirus Reviews Series
Others Posts in the Series Include...
- CaSIR - Free Portable Malware Remover and Antivirus
- Portable PC Cleanup, Antivirus Tools - EmsiSoft Emergency Kit Review
- Stinger Portable Antivirus - Virus Scanner from McAfee
- Portable Antivirus - Ultimate List of Best USB Anti Virus
- Norman Malware Cleaner - Useful Portable Antivirus
- Sophos Anti RootKit - Portable Security for Malware Removal
- Free Stand Alone Antivirus - Dr. Web CureIt
- Command Line Portable Antivirus Software - VIPRE PC Rescue
- Portable Antivirus - Best Free Anti-Malware in USB Flash Drives
- Prevent USB Flash Drive Malware Infections by Disabling AutoRun
- Portable Antivirus-How to Remove Malware with Trend Micro SysClean
- Clean Virus and Spyware with A-Squared Emergency USB Stick
- Mx One - Free USB Portable Antivirus for Malware Removal
- ClamWin - Portable Virus Remover for USB Flash Drive Security