Recover or Find Lost 192.168.1.1 Router Password with RouterPassView
We have carried a few posts on this blog, which details about the default passwords and login details used by various manufacturers of network routers. Generally these routers are configured using Private IP 192.168.1.1 and a few other IPs.
But those are useful when you have lost your password and you remember that you have not changed your password from the default one. In case you have changed that from the original one, then you will have to use the hard reset button so as to return the router to the factory settings and then you will be able to use default passwords.
But this way, you will loose all your settings and you will again have to manually do all the customized settings again.
How to Recover or Find the Lost Router Passwords
In case you have changed the password, and you do not want to loose the settings as well, then you can try to use the NirSoft RouterPassView. It is a freeware software, available from our favorite developer NirSoft.
How RoutePassView Recovers Lost ROuter Passwords
Most modern routers allow you to backup the configuration of the router into a file, and then restore the configuration from the file when it’s needed.
The backup file of the router usually contains important data like your ISP user name/password, the login password of the router, and wireless network keys. If you lost one of these password/keys, but you still have a backup file of your router configuration, RouterPassView might help you to recover your lost password from your router file.
Which Routers are compatible with RouterPassView
The passwords of following makes of Routers can be retrieved with the help of RouterPassView.
- Linksys WRT54GL (With original firmware or Tomato firmware), WRT54G (only some of them), WRT160N, and possibly similar models.
- Edimax BR6204WG, and possibly similar models.
- Siemens ADSL SL2-141, and possibly similar models.
- Dynalink RTA1025W, and possibly similar models.
- NETGEAR WGT624, and possibly similar models.
- ASUS WL-520g, and possibly similar models.
- D-Link DIR-655, and possibly similar models.
- Sanex SA 5100, and possibly similar models.
- Sitecom WL-351, and possibly similar models.
- COMTREND 536+ (Only Internet Login)
- US Robotics 9108 ADSL (internet login and admin login)
- D-Link DSL-2540U/BRU/D ADSL2+, DSL-2650U, DSL-520B