Rising Free Antivirus Review – Moderate Malware Protection, Good Interface
Rising Free Antivirus Review
RISING Antivirus Free Edition protects your computers against all types of viruses, Trojans, Worms, Rootkits and other malicious programs. Easy to use, Active Defense technology, Patented Unknown Virus Scan and Clean technology and Patented Smartupdate technology make RISING Antivirus install and forget product and entitles you to focus on your own jobs with your computer.
The free version offers the same level of protection as the commercial version but does not include a firewall. The installation package is relatively small and the Rising Antivirus installation is fast. Rising Antivirus Free Edition is a stable software and doesn’t require a powerful computer to run.
The removal effectiveness of Rising Antivirus is medium and you can count on it to remove a large part of detected viruses. If the detected problem cannot be disinfected of deleted, is automatically moved into the quarantine. The false positive rate is medium but you can choose to restore the files from the quarantine if the files are not dangerous. Please keep in mind that there are mixed ratings from different independent testing agencies about the effectiveness of Rising Free Antivirus in removing the detecting the malware in your computer.
Features of Rising Antivirus Free Edition
- File Monitor: Automatically intercepts and deletes Trojan, Backdoor, Worm, and other malicious viruses program while opening a file.
- Email Monitor: Scans inbound (POP3) and outbound (SMTP) emails against Trojan, Backdoor, Worm, and other malicious viruses program.
- USB Disk Protection: Automatically intercepts and deletes unknown Trojan, Backdoor, Worm, and other malicious viruses program while removable devices connect to computer via USB port.
- Trojan Defense: Adopting Rising Dynamic Behavior Analysis technique on Windows operating system kernel and, intercepts unknown Trojan, Backdoor, Worm, and other malicious viruses program at real-time.
- Browser Protection: Taking Rising System Kernel Reinforce into web browser program and, intercept unknown Trojan, Backdoor, Worm and other malicious viruses at real-time.
- Office Software Protection: Automatically intercept unknown Trojan, Backdoor, Worm and other malicious viruses program and, prevent malicious attacks which exploit office software unknown vulnerability away while launching office software.
- System Kernel Reinforcement: Providing professional computer users two optional customizable methods as Templates and Custom, to detect, monitor, and intercept all malicious behaviors from viruses program and, reinforce Windows system kernel.
Here is a video review of Rising Free Antivirus.