Zeus Trojan is one of the deadliest malware infections going round these days. It has robbed hundreds and thousands of computer users all over the world, by stealing their bank’s login credentials and passing them to the fraudsters. The network of these fraudsters use the money mules to withdraw money from the victim bank accounts and circulate that.
There have been different versions of Zeus Trojan…Zeus, Zeus 2 and now Zeus 3, each getting more potent than its previous version. And the shocking part is that most of the security software available in the market today cannot diagnose the presence of Zeus Malware in your system.
How to Protect Against Zeus Infection and Safeguard your Banking Passowrds
Exercise restraint in your online behaviour. Pause and think before you click any link on Internet. The best way is to be alert and be vigilant.
Here are 3 online tools, which can effectively protect your banking passwords from landing into wrong hands.
1. Trusteer Rapport: Trusteer Rappor is a freeware tool, which works with more than 70 leading banks around the world to keep your online bank account safe from online fraudsters. Trusteer Rapport has been downloaded by more than 13 million customers. It picks up where anti-virus and firewalls leave off, preventing new, sophisticated attacks that anti-virus and firewalls are not always updated to protect you from.
Trusteer Rapport takes a unique approach that adds real value on top of your current security software. When you connect to your bank online, Rapport does three main things in the background to make it extremely difficult for criminals to target you:
- Rapport verifies that you are really connected to the bank’s genuine website as opposed to a fake website created by criminals. Although this sounds trivial, it’s not obvious that you reach a genuine website when you type your bank’s address into your web browser
- Once verification is complete, Rapport locks down communication between your computer and the bank’s website. This prevents criminals from hijacking your online connection with the bank
- Rapport protects your computer and internet connection by creating a tunnel for safe communication with your bank, preventing criminals from using malware to steal your log-in data and tamper with transactions.
2. SafeCentral’s WebProtection™: SafeCentral’s WebProtection™ is a one-time install, light-weight application, but is not a freeware solution. Operating under the assumption that your computer is already infected with malware, WebProtection™ interprets and intercepts over 5,000 discrete Windows commands (from write to disk, to save in RAM and beyond) and effectively blocks all potentially dangerous activities except those processes needed for the transaction.
Unlike other tools, WebProtection™ goes down deep into the DNA of the Windows operating system and is able to control all processes during a secured transaction.
3. Prevx SafeOnline: Prevx SafeOnline will protect your information entered in or displayed by your Internet browser, by locking down the operating system and services to ensure that only “known good” processes and services are allowed to run. Against it is also not a free solution.
Prevx SafeOnline protects against browser-based attacks, including:
- Phishing attacks
- Screen Grabbers
- Cookie Stealers
- Info Stealing Trojans such as ZEUS, MBR, Goldun, and Silent Banker
You can follow us on Google+.