With Growing security issues, the role of Operating system in Pc Security is one of the crucial factor still for Security researchers and experts . The main role of computer operating system is to manage various resources and overall operations of computer system. Some of other terms used to describe operating system is system software ,monitor ,executive, supervisor ,controller depending upon manufacturer by different names.
Major Role of Operating System in Terms of ‘PC Security’
- Processor management -assignment of processors to different tasks performed by computer system.
- Memory Management-allocation of main memory and other storage areas to system programs.
- Input/output Management of PC devices.
- File Management & security -storage of Files on various storage devices.
- Resource Coordinator -Establishment of data security and integrity .
- Facilitates easy communication between user and computer with interpretation of commands and instructions.
The goal of operating system is to performed task automatically and even integrates with different security software to target latest spyware and virus .
Some of leading operating systems mentioned below :
Linux / Variants
IBM OS/2 Warp
Unix / Variants
Windows 98 SE
You can follow us on Google+.