Audials Tunebite is a versatile software for recording and converting online videos and DVD movies for use on PC’s, smartphones, tablets, netbooks, gaming consoles and any other portable device of your choice. It has been on scene for last more than eight years and still considered to be the industry standard due to its robust performance and great utility.
Tunebite offers you a great way to record online videos and music and thus remove any Digital Rights Management restrictions in a perfectly legal way. In case you are not aware about the DRM and its implication, read the following first.
What is DRM Removal
Digital rights management (DRM) is a class of access control technologies that are used by hardware manufacturers, publishers, copyright holders and individuals with the intent to limit the use of digital content and devices after sale. DRM is any technology that inhibits uses of digital content that are not desired or intended by the content provider.
Tunebite is a comprehensive video converter software has good tools for converting, compressing and copying content without compromises in quality. It allows you to capture content from any streaming online application like Youtube, DVD’s or any other website and re-record the content at the network level. This is done in a perfectly legal way without compromising the quality and you get an original like content.
Besides the capability to remove DRM from the content, Tunebite also has the ability to extract audio from movie files to make your own soundtrack.
I have been using Tunebite for last few months and have been able to create lots of great videos and albums. Social music stations like last.fm and Grooveshark are excellent source for using with Tunebite. I specially like its simple interface, which allows you to quickly do the functions easily and effectively. The coding of this excellent piece of software may be complex, but the interface is good and easy to use.
You can use Tunebite in a portable manner through a USB drive also. In case you want to install the software on multiple computers, that also is allowed in one single license.
Video: Tunebite Review
Tunebite is a comprehensive video converter software has good tools for converting, compressing and copying content without compromises in quality. It allows you to capture content from any streaming online application like Youtube, DVD’s or any other website and re-record the content at the network level.
Here are some features of Tunebite as listed on their website.
Music Streams and Recording of Songs
- Record audio files from the network layer while separating those files into individual songs
- Record any audio file with fingerprint-based recognition and subsequent separation into individual songs
- Records every stream from any location in individual, named songs
- Perfect for streaming services, social radio stations, music portals and all kinds of protected and protected streams
- Automatic addition of ID3 tags, album artwork and song lyrics for recorded songs
- Compatible with spotify, last.fm, grooveshark, simfy, pandora.com, rdio.fm, mog, deezer and many others
- Pre-tagging optimizes capturing of complete albums
- Recognizes links to MP3 files on visited websites, download with a click
- Completely automatic feature may be activated to enable background processes (saves every song played)
Recording of Video Streams
- High-performance video recording technology combines network sniffers and direct access to graphic cards
- Videos are saved without a reduction of quality compared to the source
- Easy to use via micro recording windows for every video
- Perfect for video streams, online movie stores, media centers and video portals
- Record and save all Apple iTunes’ videos
- Record user-defined picture sections as videos
- Videos can be converted into suitable formats for any device after recording
- Optional recording of audio tracks as MP3 files available
- Audio-Video Conversion
Few Shortcomings of Tunebite
This review of Tunebite, the excellent DRM removal software, would not be complete without me listing some of the shortcomings, which I noticed while using it.
The first is the less number of formats handled by Tunebite. Although it covers some of the basic audio-video formats, which are more popular, but it leaves many others, which might not be that popular. In today’s times, when there are so many media formats available, some users may not find their favorite formats handled by Audials Tunebite.
The second shortcoming is that Tunebite records the content as it is played. This means you require the entire content to be played for the full length. Sometimes it becomes boring especially when you do not want to listen or watch the entire content.
Besides this Audials Tunebite is also not able to create DVD’s. You need to have a separate software for creating your DVD’s from the content captured by Tunebite.
You can follow us on Google+.