Why You Need an Alternative to Windows Copy
Windows Copy command is something, which is learnt by every Windows user right in the beginning. It is one the basic commands.
But it is not perfect. There are many situations, when Windows Copy File command is an irritation and you desire to have a better tool. This is specially important when you are copying a lot of files at one go.
Some of the situations may be; say you are in the middle of copying say 1000 files, and suddenly Windows encounters a corrupt file and aborts the entire process. You have to start it again.
Or, you may lose a connection between the source and the destination folder and you will have to re-start the process.
Or, you might be willing to copy files from different folders at one go, and it is very inconvenient to open different folders one-by-one and give a separate command for each file copying.
Need of a File Copying Tool
In such a situation, you may need a file copying tool, which handles such situations pretty well.
TeraCopy is one such file copy program, which I love for its speed. It is definitely a tool worth trying, if you have to copy huge amount of data, and the speed of copying is more important. It will speed up file copying and is bound to save you few minutes and lots of irritation.
There is a nice video, which captures how TeraCopy Speeds Up File Copying as compared to Windows File Copy command.
Besides faster file copying, other features of TeraCopy are as follow.
- Pause and resume file transfers. Pause copy process at any time to free up system resources and continue with a single click.
- Error recovery. In case of copy error, TeraCopy will try several times and in the worse case just skips the file, not terminating the entire transfer.
- Interactive file list. TeraCopy shows failed file transfers and lets you fix the problem and recopy only problem files.
- Shell integration. TeraCopy can completely replace Explorer copy and move functions, allowing you work with files as usual.
- Full Unicode support.
TeraCopy file copy software is free for home users. But if you are a Pro user, you will have to buy the Pro version for $19.95. It gives you added features such as ability to select files with the same extension/same folder, remove selected files from the copy queue and get free updates and priority support.
You can follow us on Google+.
Bulk File Copying Tools Series
Others Posts in the Series Include...
- 7 Best Bulk File Copying Tools - An Ultimate List
- Copy Handler - How to Copy Files like a Pro
- Pause and Resume File Copy - SuperCopier
- Faster File Copying - Fast Copy [SpeedUP]
- XXCopy: Best Recursive Command Line File Copier [File Copy]
- Damaged or Bad File Copy Utility - Unstoppable Copier
- Ultra Fast File Copy Tool - TeraCopy [Speed Up]
- Best Bulk File Copy Tool - RichCopy