Video Surveillance Webcam Software – ISpy Motion Sensor, Detector
The needs of video surveillance to keep an eye on what is happening in a sensitive premises, are increasing day by day. You may be in a corporate environment wanting to keep surveillance on sensitive places, doorways, ATM locations and lots of other places require constant monitoring for any suspicious activities.
One option is to invest heavily in security cameras, webcam software and things like that. But if you are low on budget and your requirements are of casual in nature, then you can think of using your own webcam software installed in your computer or laptop and start spying.
iSpy – The Freeware Motion Sensor and Sound Detector
iSpy is a freeware application, which allows you to do the trick. iSpy uses your webcams and microphones to detect and record movement or sound and provides security, surveillance, monitoring and alerting services. Any media that is captured is compressed to flash video and made available, securely over the web. iSpy can be setup to run on multiple computers simultaneously.iSpy is free, open-source software, so if you want it to do anything else, please download the source code and customize it to your requirements.
This You Can Do with iSpy
There is an impressive list of things you can do with a software like that.
- Connect and monitor as many cameras and microphones as you like. Import and export object lists to share with colleagues.
- Connect multiple computers in a group and manage over the web
- Install iSpy Server and publish your webcam to other instances of iSpy, over your network and to the web
- Detect, highlight, track and record movement
- Detect loitering
- Customise movement detection areas on your cameras
- Detect and record sound
- Run any program or send an email or SMS alert when movement or sound is detected
- Run any program or send an email or SMS alert when movement or sound is not detected (monitor machinery or staff activity)
- Receive email movement alerts with attached frame grab images from your webcams
- Periodically receive image grabs via email from your webcams
- Connect to any device, even webcams attached to other computers with JPEG, MJPEG, IP Cam, webcam and AVI file support
- Watch live and recorded media over the web (through this website) and also via mobile devices
- Access and control iSpy remotely
- Password protect iSpy and hide it in the System Tray
- Schedule sound and video capturing to start and stop automatically
- Time-lapse record from any camera
- Motion track and count moving objects
- Connect multiple instances of iSpy and iSpy server running on different computers to this website and view all aggregated media online
- Create groups, invite friends and share access to your webcams and microphones
- Receive email alerts if your connection goes offline
- Download the source code and customise it to your own requirements!
Recent changes have been…
- Added an FLV viewer for viewing captured media locally.
- Added a timer to movement detection, so if movement is detected for x seconds an alert is triggered.