What is a Antivirus Rescue CD
Antivirus Rescue CDs are specially burnt CD Disks, meant for the removal of malware and viruses from a system, which has gone so bad due to virus infections that it is not in a position to even boot up itself. These bootable CD Disks have a light weight version of some OS like Linux, which allows them to boot the system from these disks. They are made available by man of the security software vendors in the form of an ISO file, which you can download for free and burn on your CD through a CD burning software.
Advantages of Antivirus Rescue CD
There are lots of advantages of using an Antivirus Rescue CD. In fact there are cases, when the use of an Antivirus Rescue CD is the only option left for cleaning your computer from malware and viruses. For instance…
- As already said, if you are not in a position to boot up your system due to heavy virus infections, then the use of these bootable virus scan CDs is the only option left.
- If you are able to boot up your system, but the viruses are not allowing your installed version of antivirus to operate, and is also not allowing you to install a fresh version of your antivirus, then also use of a rescue Cd is the only option left with.
- Since these external CD Disks are write protected, any attempt by the virus to infect this is not possible. Even if you are running these Disks through a USB Sticks, you can easily make them write protected to safeguard against any infection of the Rescue Disk itself.
- When you are using these Rescue Disks, the operating system already installed in your infected computer is not allowed to take control of your system. This means that the infected system files are not controlling the system and thus the virus is lying dormant within your system. In this state its potency is completely crippled and it is much easier to kill it.
Kaspersky Antivirus Rescue CD
Kaspersky, arguably the best antivirus suite today provides you one such free download rescue CD. It is in the form of an .iso file, which you can download and easily burn through a CD burning software. Unlike a few of its compatriots, it does not contain a full blown version of the Linux Operating System, but only the part, which allows you to run the Antivirus Rescue CD.
When loading the Kaspersky Antivirus Rescue CD will try Ethernet networking to enable online update of virus signatures.The rescue CD does not have support for RAID and disks and dynamic volumes in Windows.therefore possible that the letters of the discs and USB devices are not exactly the same as those displayed by the operating system.The
The standard security software like Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 allow you to also create your own Rescue Disk. However, the rescue disk created with those installed version of security software are designed to restore system functionality on the computer that it was created on and none other. But the Antivirus Rescue CD downloaded from the Kaspersky website allows you to restore any computer.
Download Kaspersky Rescue Disk: http://dnl-eu10.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/RescueDisk/
Download Manual Virus definition updates: http://www.kaspersky.com/avupdates
Step-by-Step Procedure: http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1139761.htm
You can follow us on Google+.
Antivirus Rescue CD Reviews Series
Others Posts in the Series Include...
- Recovery Tool to Clean Virus, Rootkits, Malware from Infected PC
- Multiple Antivirus / Rescue Disks / USB in Single CD with Sardu
- Virus Checker Boot CD from Paragon for Malware Scan and Rescue
- Bootable Anti Malware, Virus Rescue CD from Trinity
- Panda SafeCD-Clean Virus/Spyware from Unbootable FAT/NTFS Drive
- Clean Malware from Unbootable PC with Ultimate Boot CD
- Virus Removal with Bootable Virus Cleaner CD from VBA32
- Recover Unbootable Virus Infected PC with Norton Recovery Antivirus Tool
- Virus and Malware Removal with Kaspersky Antivirus Rescue CD Disk
- Clean Unbootable Infected PC with F-Secure Bootable CD Disk
- Bootable Virus Scan CD from Dr. Web
- Bootable Antivirus Rescue CD from BitDefender
- Virus Scan Boot Disk from Avira - Free ISO CD Download