If you are a war-driver, looking for some free WiFi Network bandwidth, or if you want to find the problems with your Wi0Fi network, then a freeware Wifi Network Finder tool like inSSIDer is a great asset. It is also useful tool in case you are configuring your Wi Fi router for the first time as it allows you to scan the area for the availability of other Wi Fi signals so that you can choose the channel number for your WiFI netowrk and avoid potential conflicts with other Wi-Fi devices in the vicinity.
Features of inSSIDer – The WiFi Netowrk Finder and Scanner
inSSIDer displays a lot of information about the Wi0Fi Netowrks available in the vicinity and thus allows you to…
- Inspect your WLAN and surrounding networks to troubleshoot competing access points.
- Track the strength of received signal in dBm over time.
- Filter access points in an easy to use format.
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
The best part with inSSIDer is that it is an open source project.
You can follow us on Google+.