Review of Comodo Antivirus for OS-X- Best Free Antivirus for Mac
It is a fact that virus and malware are primarily the domain of Windows machine. And this stems from the fact that Mac is considered to be used mostly by the tech-savvy computer users while Windows is used by relatively not-so-tech-savvy crowd. But the situation is changing with the popularity of Mac gadgets and machines. New virus threats for Mac OS-x are being developed and so the need of Free Antivirus for Mac OS-x is also increasing.
In this series of posts, we are reviewing some of the best free antivirus for Mac OS-x. For link to the other posts in this series, please go to the end of this post.
Comodo Antivirus for Mac
Comodo Antivirus for Mac is relatively new offering and is completely free for personal use with no strings attached. The vendor is reliable and has been providing the security software and firewalls for a long time.
The user interface of Comodo Antivirus for Mac is a decent and elaborate one, which allows you to tinker the settings as per your needs and requirements. However, I am not quite impressed with this feature as I believe that real-time antivirus are made to just one simple purpose, to protect your system in the background while you are concentrated on your work. Why at all they should require you to tinker the settings here and there. Do you job and protect me from as many threats as possible.
The regular features like automatic update, scan on demand, quarantine etc, all of them just like a Windows machine antivirus, are available here.
Features of Comodo Antivirus for Mac
Here are the main features of Comodo Antivirus for OS-x:
- Easy and user-friendly interface: Simply install and forget, while Antivirus continues to protect
- On-access scanning: Checks each and every file or application invoked and blocks them if identified as threats
- One-click scanning: Run on-demand scanning and cleaning of your system with a single click
- Instant scanning: Scan individual files or folders by dragging them to CAV icon in the dock
- Personalized protection: Set virus scans to run on a schedule, when it’s convenient for you
- Quarantine system to isolate suspicious files: Possible viruses are kept executing to ensure that nothing “sneaky” gets through
- Real-time access to updated virus definitions: Get the most current protection possible against new viral strains
- Unique “slider” to easily change your current security level: Change the behavior of Antivirus to reflect your security preferences at any given time
Video Review of Comodo Antivirus for OS-X
Here is a video review of the Comodo Antivirus for OS-X