How to Remove, Uninstall or Delete F-Secure Antivirus
The Need of F-Secure Antivirus Removal Tools
Antivirus and security software work closely with your operating system. There are lots of files, registry entries and processes, which are shared by them, and sometimes it becomes difficult for an average computer user to delete, remove or uninstall an existing antivirus product with the usual uninstallation procedures.
This is specially required, when you are switching or changing your security or antivirus software. In such cases, you have either to use the specialized antivirus removal tools developed for that particular product, or you might have to resort to some advanced file and registry entries in your computer.
In this post, we are describing how you can remove or uninstall F-Secure Antivirus from your computer.
Automatic F-Secure Antivirus Removal Tool
- Download the UITool3-420.zip file.
- Unzip the contents of the zip file to an empty directory.
- Carefully read the readme.txt file before running the uninstallation tool.
- Run the UninstallationTool.exe file by double-clicking it.
Please read the following before starting the use of Automatic F-Secure Antivirus Removal Tool.
- The tool will not remove F-Secure software if it was installed directly into an unsafe location, such as c:\, c:\windows or c:\program files. This is because it will delete the directory into which F-Secure was installed and, as such, it would also delete the rest of the files.
- The tool will remove all installed F-Secure products, and should therefore be used with extreme caution on F-Secure Policy Manager, F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange and F-Secure Anti-Virus for Windows Server installations. Running the uninstallation tool on a Policy Manager server without a backup means that you will have to reinstall all clients.
Manual Removal of F-Secure Antivirus
In case you fell confident about manipulating your registry files and processes, then there is a complete guide for the removal of different F-Secure Antivirus files, folders and registry keys, which you can do manually. These are from the authentic source, but you have to be careful while deleting and modifying these files, because they can otherwise create lots of troubles for the smooth functioning of your other applications and operating system.
You can follow the instructions for the manual removal of F-Secure Antivirus applications on this web page.