Difficulties in Virus Scan
Today’s viruses are smart and intelligent. The first thing which they do after infecting a computer is to hide themselves deeper in your system and make their detection difficult. In this process they disable your security software and antivirus applications, block your software update processes and modify your system files.
These malware and viruses get loaded as soon as your system is booting and take control of your Operating System. Your security software are no longer in a position to detect and clean your system. Sometimes, these activities are carried to an extent that your system is no longer in a position to boot itself.
Virus Scan Boot Disk – Your only Option
In such a situation, you might have to use an external bootable antivirus Rescue Disk, which can boot your system in a clean mode. Otherwise also, using a System Rescue Disk for the removal of viruses is the best option because when the system is booted from an external disk, the malware infections present in your system remain dormant and can be cleaned easily.
Avira AntiVir Rescue System
Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore. Thus it is possible to:
- repair a damaged system,
- rescue data,
- scan the system for virus infections.
You can download Avira AntiVir Rescue System absolutely free from Avira website. It is in the form of an executable file, which will burn the complete package in your CD ROM drive.
It is based upon the open source Linux Operating System and is very light on resources. Generally, bootable antivirus rescue systems are in the form of .iso file, which are to be burnt to CD ROMs using a burner software. But it includes the burner software within itself. So you are not required to have a separate CD burning software.
The Avira AntiVir Rescue System is updated several times a day so that the most recent security updates are always available. Therefore you should download this virus scan boot CD only when you actually need it. It is not suggested that you download it and make your System Rescue Disk right now, because by the time you will need this disk, a lot of virus definitions must have changed.
So, bookmark this page for reference, when you need to use a bootable system rescue disk for virus scan. Here is a nice clip from YouTube, which will show how to use Avira AntiVir Rescue System.
Overall, a useful portable antivirus for your PC Security.
You can follow us on Google+.
Antivirus Rescue CD Reviews Series
Others Posts in the Series Include...
- Recovery Tool to Clean Virus, Rootkits, Malware from Infected PC
- Multiple Antivirus / Rescue Disks / USB in Single CD with Sardu
- Virus Checker Boot CD from Paragon for Malware Scan and Rescue
- Bootable Anti Malware, Virus Rescue CD from Trinity
- Panda SafeCD-Clean Virus/Spyware from Unbootable FAT/NTFS Drive
- Clean Malware from Unbootable PC with Ultimate Boot CD
- Virus Removal with Bootable Virus Cleaner CD from VBA32
- Recover Unbootable Virus Infected PC with Norton Recovery Antivirus Tool
- Virus and Malware Removal with Kaspersky Antivirus Rescue CD Disk
- Clean Unbootable Infected PC with F-Secure Bootable CD Disk
- Bootable Virus Scan CD from Dr. Web
- Bootable Antivirus Rescue CD from BitDefender
- Virus Scan Boot Disk from Avira - Free ISO CD Download